Sunday 10 April 2016

THE - PANES - AN ARTIST MUST GO THROUGH!






“I love to paint windows,” says Angela Wakefield. “They reflect the world outside whilst they mostly conceal what is happening behind them. Whether I’m painting a row of shops in Manchester city centre or the fleeting reflections cast by a bright red London Transport bus ... I think about the people behind the glass.”






As a modern, urban landscape artist it's important to Angela to engage with the spirit of the subject, the rhythm of city life and the underlying intensity of the human presence which inhabits the streets and buildings that she paints.

 “Hundreds of office windows from the towering New York skyscrapers gradually peer down and evolve onto my canvas,  and I find myself wondering … what’s going on in the darkness of those rooms? People’s lives might be unfolding - work or play, happiness or misery - who knows what? But it’s all happening in there.”







No comments:

Post a Comment